Sunday, May 18, 2008

Slightly redone kitchen

So it's been a long time a coming. I knew that the kitchen needed a major make over and it still does for that matter, but thanks to the generosity of some friends, they gave me their gently used stove top. That was the one thing that D said she would like to have replaced because it was pretty bad. It took forever and a day to boil water or really even heat up for that matter. I thought that I would document the process and here you go..

This is the old stove.



Once it was removed, I had to do a little cleaning, out from underneath it.



Then it was time for a little cutting..



Remember, safety first!!



This is the finished product. D put up some new 'temporary' make shift wallpapering to brighten it up and make it look a little better. What was up there was also 'temporary' and didn't match the new decor.



We are very pleased with how it turned out!

Have a great week!

~J

No comments: