Saturday, May 3, 2008

Asia trip update #2

Hello everyone!

Right now it is 1:10p where I'm at and I just finished eating lunch. We had a great day of distribution. We handed out 1120 packets this morning, which is more than they have ever done in a morning. We had to go back from more packets 2 times. It was a great time. The place we were at really was pretty neat. I took a bunch of pictures, so those that get copies of them will be able to check them out.

The hotel we are staying at is really nice. They have internet in the room, but wouldn't you know that they would stick the guy who is a network engineer in a room that they have network problems with. They did a very INTERESTING termination last night at midnight, when they were in the trying to fix it. I will e-mail a picture of it. Let's just say I don't think it would even meet 10MB standards.

The boat that we took from the airport to the island where we are staying was pretty neat. It wasn't very rocky. It would have been even better if they had had an open air deck that would allow you to be in the air, but they didn't.

I forgot to tell everyone about my New York experience. Someone said they thought of diversity, and they were right. Diversity is the word for New York. I got a few good pictures, we saw the statue of liberty from the airport, went to times square, and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in times square.

Casey is doing good and appreciates all the things that were sent to him, so pass along thanks.

This afternoon we will be apart of a once in a lifetime thing (I may never be able to see and do what we will be doing ever again). I can explain more later (this has to do with the security issues).

I hope everyone is doing good. Prayer requests would be continued good weather and that it wouldn't rain. It was supposed to this morning, but it didn't.

More when more is available...

~J
--
..GO and make disciples of all the nations... (Matthew 28:19a) - Who am I to argue with that?

No comments: