For those that didn't know, I got married to a wonderful woman of God on June 7th. We met at one of our favorite places, why Starbucks or course. :) The wedding was in a small church near both of our homes here in Knoxville. It was a very small ceremony with the pastor of First Baptist Church Powell doing the ceremony.
We honeymooned in Colorado Springs, which had wonderful weather! We had a little trouble with the altitude, as we weren't accustomed to it, living at about 1,000ft (COS is at just over 6,000). Every day about 3pm we would be ready for a nap. One day we went to Pikes Peak. Now being the planner that we both are, we took pants for just this occasion. However when we got up, we thought it wouldn't be that bad, so we decided to wear shorts and simply take jackets. That was a mistake. The temperature was 29 with a wind chill of 13. Needless to say it was chilly.
Now many of you that know me, know the type of vehicles I drive, that said, when we landed at the airport, I was a little frazzled. When the lady asked, would you like a Subaru Forester, what I heard was Suzuki Sidekick. The thought of a sidekick did NOT thrill my soul, but we took the Forester, because it was in the price class I had planned for. As we walked out to the lot I actually thought about what it was and was ok with it. Though out the week the car became known as the Subbie. That's what we dub'd it. :)
Since returning back to Knoxville, we have been busy with life as usual, and all the associated things with being newly weds. We are still in the process of cleaning out her old house and moving things around in our house so that we can make room for things that we want to keep and toss things we no longer want.
This weekend we are going camping/off-roading. It should be a good time, as a large crowd is going. Please keep us in your prayers as we travel with a lot of people and a lot of gear. You know anything that is worth doing, is worth doing right!
Anyways I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great fourth of July!!
~J
1 comment:
I am so cracking up about the sidekick. Kennedy is going what is so funny mommy. Anyways I am glad all went well and I can't wait to meet her. Any trips to Nashvegas soon? Miss you.
Love,
Carlla
Post a Comment